Friday, January 1, 2016

Welcome to 2016




I don’t like talking about resolutions as we fallible humans struggle to keep them. So instead of making resolutions or making lists – I made a wishing web of possibilities for my 2016. One of these was to write. I have missed professional writing. For a while it didn’t feel safe ... I was working in a role I loved, but one that required me to be careful – professional and disconnected. Then, I left that role and then commenced a temporary phase of casual teaching. I then ended up taking on a new role as a director. It was a whirlwind of change and a big learning curve. I probably could have written about it, but I wasn’t feeling it. So in 2016 I bring my blog back to life.  I will do what I miss. I will use the EYLF and the NQS as inspiration as well a great many other sources: Facebook and social media, the media, my life, my friends and their stories, the groups I administrate or participate in ... Everything will be presented professionally and de-personalised. I will gather inspiration and I will reflect and write. 

Cheers to 2016. 


© Teacher's Ink. 2016

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo, welcome back. I do not usually comment on anything, but I have missed your wit, humour and sarcasm. So true that it is all very well to have a tree, a "who's her in the hive" display etc, but it is all a waste of time if the children don't actually feel that they belong. Belonging is a feeling, not an outward display of who is meant to be a part of the room. Belonging can be seen and felt by watching the interactions between educators and children, educators and families and between educators. Belonging feels like a home away from home; where children are respected, engaged and cared about in a way that is open and honest, and not just a symbol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! Now I'm blushing! I really do need to write more! It makes me happy! I want more happy in 2016! A tidier house and somewhat less cluttered life too .... and definitely more writing!

      I love this: "Belonging feels like a home away from home; where children are respected, engaged and cared about in a way that is open and honest, and not just a symbol."

      I'm going to quote you!

      <3

      Delete